Seven or so Sentiments Surrounding Success
Assign Onward Should Stay:
in rough order of priority:
As with any non-trivial project, several goals are in opposition. The goal not stated above is to optimize tradeoffs making the system as valuable as possible to users. Users are the value in the system, the system should return as much of that value as possible to them, encouraging wider adoption and increasing total value.
- Establish un-alterable records, including records of title
*Title meaning: ownership of a number of shares which can be divided, or merged when assigning onward.
- Assignment of title
*Assignment of title means recording a change of ownership of shares from the holder of one secret to the holder of a different secret. can only be accomplished with a secret that need never be revealed
- Resistant to malicious confusion of records
- Open (shared), anyone can:
- receive or assign title
- receive title under a secret that only they know
- propose assignment of title to any secret known/controlled by another
- obtain all records
- verify validity of all records
- participate in the recording process
*also copy and modify if desired. Essentially, no dependence on protections like trade secrets, copyright, patent or legislation to secure functionality of the system. the computer code that implements the system
- simple, (small) clearly expressed processes, not un-necessarily baffling
- minimize real-world cost of participation (social) in any part of the process
- easy to detect loss of synchronization between recording nodes
- serve the users of the system, not the owners of the infrastructure
- scalable refers to the abilty of multiple chains to interact, serving large numbers of people and transactions not by a single massive system, but by a cooperating network of smaller systems each of which is readily understood and maintained by a single person.
*This doesn't mean a single person should do all the setup and maintenance of each chain by themselves, it's better handled by a team, but on a scale that a single member could easily handle it all if they wanted/needed to.
- Launch Time: when it's ready.
- Extensible (serviceable)
- interoperability with other systems
- designed for inclusion of or migration to new technologies when desired
- tunable parameters to adjust to changing use conditions
See also: Buzzword Bingo.
4 May 2018
Copyright (c) 2021 Assign Onward
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE